CSOL SOCCER TOURNAMENT
Join us for an unforgettable soccer tournament!
The Carnaval del Sol’s Soccer Tournament runs during July 6th and 7th, 2019 at Andy Livingstone Park in Vancouver. This is a great opportunity to get active, have fun and enjoy the festival to the fullest!
The men’s tournament will be 6 vs. 6 (5 players and a goalie), and each team is allowed 2 substitutes (max. 8 players/team). The tournament will take place on a turf field at Andy Livingstone Park. Each team will represent a country of their choice.
We have prizes for 1st to 3rd place.
First place wins $700!
See the Prizes section below.
For more details about the tournament, check the Rules section below.
Registration are now Closed!
1st place: $700
2nd place: $300
3rd place: salsa cruise tickets, http://salsacruises.com/
$200.00 + GST per team.
You can pay online, cash, e-transfer or cheque (payable to Latincouver Cultural and Business Society).
- You must check in at the draw desk located at the entrance of the field. The draw desk will be open at 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 6. There will be a waiver form that must be signed by all players and handed in.
- All players must bring a photo ID (driver’s license, etc.) to the draw desk when checking in.
- There are 8 teams in the tournament. Each team is allowed 6 players with 2 substitutes, making 8 players per team. The tournament is 6 versus 6 (ie., 5 players and 1 goalie).
- All games will consist of two 15-minute halves with a 5-minute intermission between the halves.
- All soccer players should wear cleats. Shin pads are encouraged. Goalies shoulder wear gloves.
- Games will be played along the width of the soccer field using the small futsal-sized soccer goals.
- Players are allowed to play for only one team in the tournament. Players must play in at least two games in the Group Stages before they can play in the Knockout Round.
- Only players listed on the team’s list are allowed to play in the tournament.
- Substitutions will be made on the fly, and players must notify the referee.
- On Saturday, July 6, it will be played the Group Stage games. Each team will play 3 games. On Sunday, July 7, it will be played the Knockout Round. Each team is guaranteed one game and will progress only if they win.
- Games on July 6 (Group Stage) will begin at 1 p.m. and go until roughly 5:30 p.m. Games on July 7 (Knockout Round) will begin at 12 p.m. and go until roughly 4 p.m.
- POINT SYSTEM: The tournament will be using the following point system for all teams to determine pool and division placements:
a) 3 points for a win
b) 1 points for a tie
c) 0 point for a loss
- Games that are tied after 35 minutes in the Knockout Round will go directly to penalty kicks.
- If a player receives 2 yellow cards, the player will be required to miss one game.
- If a player receives 2 yellow cards in the same game, the player will have to miss the next scheduled game.
- A red card offence will result in a minimum one game suspension or as reviewed by the discipline committee. IT IS THE PLAYER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK WITH THE TOURNAMENT DRAW DESK TO CONFIRM THE NUMBER OF GAMES HE/SHE IS SUSPENDED FOR. Should a player play a game where he was suspended, the opposition will receive an automatic 1-0 win.
- Aggressive play, curse language, violence, racism or any act deemed inappropriate by the discipline committee will not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary action and/or immediate expulsion from the tournament.
- In regards to protests, the discipline committee will deal with any situation that may arise during the tournament. However, please refrain from bringing small issues to the draw desk unless you absolutely feel your team or player was unfairly treated.
- Round-robin placements and divisional rankings will be based on the following criteria:
a) Most points in round-robin play
b) If tied, record versus other team’s record in pool
c) Most wins
d) Best goal differential (goals for minus goals against)
e) Most goals for
f) If teams are still tied after the above criteria, the teams involved will flip a coin to determine who advances.
- Teams that are NOT PREPARED to play a game final will not be paid their prize payout for that game.
- NO-SHOWS: If a team no shows up for a game, the remaining team is awarded a 2-0 win.
- Players must be at least sixteen (16) years old to be eligible to play subject to division age restrictions, if applicable. Carnaval del Sol reserves the right to require proof of age.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are to be consumed outside of the beer garden.
- Prize schedule is subject to change should team numbers vary.