CARNAVAL DEL SOL 2019
Latin American Week and Carnaval del Sol schedule of events in 2019
Fiesta Blanca Cruise –
Venue: The MV Britannia, located at 501 Denman St. at Georgia St., Stanley Park, Vancouver.
Date of event: June 29, 2019
Hour: 8:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Flamenco, Tango, and Wine –
Location: Vancouver Playhouse, 600 Hamilton St., Vancouver.
Date of event: July 4th, 2019
Hour: 6:30 p.m.
Canada Day Parade –
Location: Ocean Concrete, Granville Island, 1415 Johnston St., Vancouver.
Date of event: July 1st, 2019
Hour: 1:30 p.m.
Travelling back to our Afro – Latin American roots –
Venue: Robson Square, 800 Robson St., Vancouver.
Date of event: July 3rd, 2019
Hour: 5:30 p.m.
Latin American Film Night –
Venue: Vancity Theatre at 1181 Seymour St., Vancouver.
Date of event: July 2nd, 2019
Hour: 5:30 p.m.
Carnaval del Sol –
Saturday and Sunday, July 6 & 7, 2019.
Concord Pacific, 88 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2R6
10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Media must pre-register for access to all events.
Carnaval del Sol returns to Vancouver for its 11th consecutive year.
VANCOUVER, BC (June 5, 2019): Carnaval del Sol, the Pacific Northwest’s largest Latin-themed festival, returns for its 11th exhilarating year – Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7 – at Concord Pacific Place.
A celebration of the diversity and dynamism of Latin American culture, Carnaval del Sol features an incredible array of music, dance, visual art, sports, and culinary delights. Concord Pacific Place will be transformed to resemble a vibrant urban plaza in Latin America, full of sound, colour, tempting aromas, and thousands of smiling faces.
The 2019 edition of this family-friendly event boasts more than 450 artists, who have come from around the world to entertain the masses at the Carnaval’s main stage and plazas – all of which incorporate the festival’s theme this year: “Sharing our Indigenous and Afro-Latin American roots. Let’s shine together.”
Plaza highlights include the following:
- TIM HORTONS KIDS PLAZA: Hands-on creative activities for youngsters, including face painting, storytelling, games and music.
- ART PLAZA: From sculpture and fashion to photography and handicrafts (including “live” painting, often accompanied by music), browse hundreds of brilliant artworks from talented Latin American artists.
- YVR TRAVEL PLAZA: Vancouver International Airport brings you dance, music, games and prizes.
- EXPERIENCES PLAZA: Witness authentic Latin American fare created before your eyes at a variety of live cooking demos hosted by acclaimed chefs, including David Alcaraz of Miltomates Foods, and Eliane Trovo of Boteco Brasil.
- DRIFTWOOD BEER PLAZA: From noon to 9pm, unwind while enjoying delicious food and live music in this 1,000-capacity, adults-only zone.
- FOOD PLAZA: Some of British Columbia’s best Latin American restaurants and food trucks bring their culinary wizardry to one location. Savour the flavours of Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Spain, Argentina, El Salvador, and Cuba.
- FAMILY PLAZA: All ages will be captivated by live music and DJs, an exclusive fashion show, and much more to be announced.
- JOSE CUERVO LOUNGE PLAZA: An exclusive area for SuperPass holders, media, artists, and government officials.
Carnaval Del Sol
Location: Concord Pacific Place, 88 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver, BC
Dates: Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7
Hours: 10am to 10pm
Admission Fees: $2 per adult (free admission for kids under 12).
Two-day SuperPass for $15 offers admittance to the Jose Cuervo Lounge Plaza, front-of-the-line access to the Driftwood Beer Plaza, festival souvenirs, discounts on select vendors, and more.
The special Mega Super Pass gives the benefits of the Super Pass and access to
three Latin American Week events (Fiesta Blanca; Film Night; and Flamenco,
Tango and Wine in the VIP area).
The celebration of Latin American cultures is more than one weekend. In the days leading up to Carnaval del Sol, Latin American Week offers an exciting variety of events including:
- Similitud Art Exhibit, Woodward’s Building, June 27 to July 12 – workshops at various
- Fiesta Blanca Cruise, MV Britannia at Denman & Georgia Streets, June 29 at 8:30 p.m.
- Canada Day Parade, Granville Island, July 1 at 1:30 p.m.
- Latin Film Night, Vancity Theatre, July 2 at 5:30 p.m.
- Travelling Back to Afro-Latin American Roots, Robson Square, July 3 at 5:30 p.m.
- Flamenco, Tango & Wine, Vancouver Playhouse, July 4 at 7:30 p.m.
Carnaval del Sol is presented by Latincouver, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing together Latin Americans and everyone who appreciates Latin culture. “All of us at Latincouver are thrilled to be bringing back Carnaval del Sol for its 11th consecutive year,” says Latincouver’s executive director, Paola Murillo. “This is the time of the year where you’ll feel the vast and exciting Latin American culture right here in Vancouver. We look forward to celebrating with you!”