Frequently Asked Questions
CARNAVAL DEL SOL
Carnaval de Sol is the biggest Latin festival in the Pacific Northwest. The festival recreates the atmosphere of a vibrant city plaza in Latin America and it will bring together more than 450 artists from different Latin American countries. Carnaval del Sol celebrates the closure of Latin American Week.
You can find live music, food, drinks, art, dance, sports, and poetry in celebration of Latin American culture.
Yes! Adults, teenagers, kids, singles, couples, families, friends, everyone! The festival will be divided into Plazas for all tastes.
Concord Pacific Place.
88 Pacific Blvd., Vancouver.
September 1st and 2nd, 2019. The venue is located in downtown Kelowna at City Park, 1600 Abbott St., Kelowna.
Yes! The service will be provided by WestPark Parking Services. The parking lot area is besides the event venue at Concord Pacific Place.
Cash, debit card, and credit card.
Yes! You can find it here and also inside the festival.
The doors open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.
No! You just need to have your ticket with you, online or printed version
Yes! Inside the Driftwood Beer Plaza, you need to present 2 pieces of ID.
You should go to the Latincouver Shop located besides the Driftwood Beer Plaza and Art Plaza.
Latin American Week is a festival of 7 events, showcasing our Indigenous and Afro-Latin American culture. It engages and connects more than 100,000 people from a variety of communities in British Columbia and features 400+ Latin artists and musicians. These are the seven events:
- Similitud: Canadian and Latin American Indigenous Art Exhibition – June 27
- Fiesta Blanca – June 29
- Canada Day Parade – July 1
- Latin American Film Night – July 2
- Travelling Back to Our Afro-Latin American Roots – July 3
- Flamenco, Tango and Wine in One Night – July 4
You can buy the online ticket on Buy Your Tickets page on this website, and the physical ticket at Latin Plaza Hub.
Single Pass ($2), Super Pass ($15), and Mega Super Pass ($90).
Single Pass includes:
– Access to CSOL 2019 and Kids Plaza’s activities.
*VIP access not included.
Super Pass includes:
– Quick access to CSOL 2019, Kids Plaza’s activities, Beer Garden and exclusive access to the VIP area.
– Festival entry for both days, July 6 and 7.
– Priority entry: Super Pass holders will have exclusive entrance and priority at the main gate and bypass lines at Driftwood Beer Garden.
– Access to the Super Pass Lounge Plaza with a premium view of the Main Stage.
– Discounts on select vendors, including 15% off at the CSOL merchandise tent.
– Festival souvenirs: assorted Carnaval del Sol branded materials.
– Food tasting during the cooking shows in Experience Plaza.
– Automatic entry into our Travel Plaza contest to win a trip for 2.
Mega Super Pass includes all the benefits of the Super Pass PLUS passes for:
– Fiesta Blanca
– Latin American Film Night
– Flamenco, Tango and Wine in One Night
No! You need to buy a higher level pass. For example, if you have a single pass and want to get inside a VIP area, you need to buy the Super Pass.
Yes! But keep in mind that you can reimburse your ticket until 48 (forty-eight) hours before the festival.
No! Just the Super Pass allows you to join the 2 days of the festival.